cannot setup email

Discussion in 'Linux' started by astarcc, Mar 4, 2009.

1. astarcc

astarcc

the computer is running linux as shipped. I donot know what distribution it is. The email client is limited in its flexibility. I can not figure out how to set up a pop server that uses the email address as the userid with a smtp server that is at a different domain and different password and user id. I might buy another aspire for myself instead of my mother if this was worked out. How do I set up email with the considerations above.

astarcc, Mar 4, 2009
  2. astarcc

steven.chien

Hi! the linux shipped with it is called linpus which uses Fedora 8 as core. the email program came with it is called One mail, the function is very limited, you can choose to download all content or just header and texts to save space. you can setup the email account with after the first use. Some people consider One mail to be not powerful enough so they rather install Mozilla Thunder bird. You can search this forum to see the instructions, it should not be very difficult.

steven.chien, Mar 21, 2009
  3. astarcc

barrie

barrie, Mar 23, 2009
Ask a Question