Can i use Laptop Adapter on another brand Netbook?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by minni, May 15, 2019.

1. minni

minni

Specifically, can a 14" Lenovo Thinkpad Adapter safely be connected to:
    a 11" HP Mini which has neither an power-adapter nor battery?

Thanks!

minni, May 15, 2019
  2. minni

Mamali

Using any AC/DC Power supply you need to consider that:
    1. the connector should be compatible
    2. Output voltage the same range
    3. Output power or current written on the power supply to be matched with Laptops' DC input characteristics

Good luck

Mamali, May 17, 2019
    minni likes this.
  3. minni

minni

Thank you... Well, i checked, but they make it so VERY tiny on both the Lenovo adapter, and the HP-mini specs, that it's near indecipherable!
    I believe the HP states INPUT: 18.5V dc (3.5a). But the symbol is very hard to see as it's grey-on-black and tiny. The lenovo adapter seems to be 20V (it states that at top right),
    and alot is indecipherable there too.

Can you recommend an affordable source for reliable HP-mini adapters, and which might also carry RAM (to upgrade to 3gb), in case this isn't a lemon?
    I assume batteries usually cost alot more?

P.S. See, i bought a used HP-mini 311-1037NR, 2gb RAM & Win10. It just arrived, but looks to be pretty banged-up, with one of the rubber-bumpers missing (glue in its place), and lots of deep scratches. So i'd really like to test it via HDtune pronto.
    ...I was seeking something more portable than my 14-incher, to carry a few blocks from home to show photo's & vid's to a friend offline, even if it requires plugging in. But i also wouldn't mind trying it out via Ethernet online as I avoid WiFi. I've never yet tried Win10. I'm still on Win7.

I'd really appreciate best advice to get me launched with this resourcefully.

minni, May 19, 2019
  4. minni

Rangerat2022

Rangerat2022, Jan 11, 2022
  5. minni

Rangerat2022

Can I safely use a 65 watt adapter vice a 45 watt adapter that came with my Dell XPS 13?

Rangerat2022, Jan 11, 2022
Ask a Question