can i dual boot snow and xp on gpt?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by erikazra, Sep 9, 2009.

1. erikazra

erikazra

subject line has my question.

Snow will work on master boot partition but i'm not sure why most of the comments on the install threads were saying you should use GPT instead. Is it supposed to be faster? i had xp dualbooting with snow before on MBR.

erikazra, Sep 9, 2009
  2. erikazra

yohko101

im dual booting snow leo and tiny7 on gpt

yohko101, Sep 9, 2009
  3. erikazra

erikazra

I get the xp partition as a boot option with chameleon rc3 but it hangs with a curser when I select it. How can I repair it's boot or fix mbr without screwing up my snow partition or it's boot?

erikazra, Sep 9, 2009
  4. erikazra

yohko101

set the active partition to using fdisk to the XP partition. you should be able to boot xp. if not, you can try to pop ur xp installer disk and fix the boot from there. afterwards, you can probably use the chain0 method to boot osx. thats what i did before.

i think it was cleaner to set a dual boot using the gpt. i can modify my /Extra/Extensions easier since i have cham2 installed on another partition rather than on my snow leopard partition

yohko101, Sep 9, 2009
Ask a Question