Call Acer w/in 90 days for Recovery Discs

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Oberkanone, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Oberkanone

Oberkanone

Call Acer w/in 90 days of obtaining your One if you want to obtain Recovery Discs.
    Acer phone number is 866-695-2237 for U.S. customers.

Acer tech. service told me they would send me Recovery Discs as I was within the 90 day software warranty and after 90 days software warranty SOP is to charge the customer for the discs.
    Even if you think you will never need the discs, it is worth the time to call to get them at no cost.

Oberkanone, Nov 17, 2008
  2. Oberkanone

mcmasterp

good call. I just ordered mine!

mcmasterp, Nov 17, 2008
  3. Oberkanone

mobile1

Thanks Oberkanone for the tip. But perhaps too many of us are trying to follow up? I've been calling all evening and I get a message that they are having trouble with their system and won't I please call back later. Click.

mobile1, Nov 18, 2008
  4. Oberkanone

MiniDrivr

I got that same message all weekend. Finally today was able to get through and order the discs. Took only a couple minutes once I got to a person.

MiniDrivr, Nov 18, 2008
  5. Oberkanone

starsky

I called last Thursday and received my discs this morning via FedEx (Monday). I guess they took care of the back order!

starsky, Nov 18, 2008
  6. Oberkanone

ncc123

Just called them. Once I corrected the Tech who at first insisted that I could burn disks with an external drive (I have the XP version, and you can't) he relented and promised me the disks.
    Total time spent: about 5 mins.
    Cool voice recognition at the Acer Tech site, synthesized voice gets more lifelike every year.

ncc123, Nov 18, 2008
  7. Oberkanone

nonford150

Just got off the phone with Acer Support - th 90 day warrenty disc practice is no longer being done. You have to pay 19.95 for the disk.

nonford150, Dec 4, 2008
  8. Oberkanone

keerit

I was told by the Acer CSR that they only send out recovery discs for the Linux models and not the XP models. Can anyone confirm?

keerit, Dec 6, 2008
  9. Oberkanone

BR549

After almost an hour on hold, I was told the same thing. That really chaps my hide!! :evil:

So, any iso downloads out there? ;)

BR549, Dec 10, 2008
  10. Oberkanone

hillsoft

I got my recovery disks via Fedex today. I called on Wednesday last week and the lady I talked to sent them out no questions asked.

Sounds like the following day they changed their policy. Pretty stupid decision by Acer in my opinion.

hillsoft, Dec 10, 2008
  11. Oberkanone

Karlos

I had a similar experience in NZ/Australia with Acer when they wouldn't send out the discs even after I told them they'd disabled the ability to burn them myself (and got a bit angry too BR549 :) )

Check out http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6820 for my noob tirade <chuckle> and for good advice from forum members with links to the AA1 forum's recovery disc download.

Karlos, Dec 15, 2008
  12. Oberkanone

datalis

I just called in today to order a set of recovery discs (USA). The lady that I spoke with sent them out, no questions asked. :shock:

datalis, Dec 15, 2008
  13. Oberkanone

[email protected]

If I remember I'm gonna give this a try tomorrow. I can't loose anything with trying. :cool:

[email protected], Dec 16, 2008
  14. Oberkanone

lohtse

Anyone in the UK done this???

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 16, 2008
  15. Oberkanone

BR549

The main reason I was pissed was because so many called in and got free discs, but when *I* call they don't do that anymore! At least be consistent LOL!

I have checked out other messages and found a better solution than Acer's bloated recovery. Thanks to all who contribute to this forum! :D

BR549, Dec 17, 2008
  16. Oberkanone

AAOMAX

I had no luck getting the discs. :?

Can someone here help me out? Can you help me burn a copy? I will pay the shipping. Thanks a lot,

AAOMAX, Dec 18, 2008
  17. Oberkanone

Bohica

I initially tried using Acer's on-line support, and told them I could not create a set of recovery discs via eRecovery Management. I received an email with an Incident Number and a transcript of the problem as well as suggested procedures on how to use eRecovery Management. Of course, the procedures eventually got to the point where I was to insert Disc 1 from the factory supplied recovery discs. Duuuuuh! :roll:

I replied to that email, saying that I DID NOT receive and discs in the factory sealed box... and they replied by telling me to call Technical Support at 1-800-816-2237.

I contacted Acer this past Sunday via the toll-free number above and got their level one support (of course). She (M******) was very polite and knowledgeable, but did not have the authority to send the disc set for free. (M******) did however, forward my request on to level two support and told me someone would contact me within 48 hours.

On Tuesday, I received a call from E*** and he stated that he was from level two tech support. He said no problem... as I was within the 90 day time frame, I was entitled to a set of recovery discs free of charge and that the discs would be sent via FedEx. He further stated that Acer is currently in the process of empowering level one tech support to authorize such requests in the future.

Bohica, Dec 27, 2008
  18. Oberkanone

info

I called late today and was given a confirmation number for the shipment of the disks (XP). The person had to check with someone else but was very polite and told me to allot up to two weeks for delivery.

info, Dec 27, 2008
  19. Oberkanone

sprank1

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading these forums since I just got my Asprire One this week. I have been most interested in the recovery options since I tend to "experiment" a lot :)

After reading this post about the recovery discs, I was a little confused. My Asprie One came with two CD's in the box - one titled "System CD" and the other titled "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP3".

Are these the recovery discs that are being talked about in this thread? If so, it seems that Acer has started to ship them with the Aspire One. I just want to make sure I don't need to call in to get "recovery" discs if I already have them.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

sprank1, Dec 28, 2008
  20. Oberkanone

hillsoft

The two disks I received in the mail from Acer are titled this.

System Disk: P/N SD.S050B.AX1
    Recovery Disk: P/N RD.S050B.AE1

hillsoft, Dec 28, 2008
Ask a Question