CALL ACER 1-800-816-2237

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by oldsouth, Sep 18, 2008.

1. oldsouth

oldsouth

We really need to start pushing Acer to acknowledge that there is a problem with the product. They still claim nothing is wrong. 1-800-816-2237 Don't wait until its your turn!

oldsouth, Sep 18, 2008
  2. oldsouth

davidbrown2

And, What exactly is the problem with their product?

davidbrown2, Sep 19, 2008
  3. oldsouth

oldsouth

"What is the problem?" Have you not read any of this forum?? Are you not aware of the bricking issue? Now I read the new bios still is causing a problem with the fan. I am waiting for my AAO to be repaired in the service center. But, as they are having problems, they have no parts to repair my unit (a motherboard) until Oct 15th. And they have no units to replace mine with. There is either a design or manufacturing problem with this model. I mean, why the hell should we have to search fixes to fix a new computer?

oldsouth, Sep 19, 2008
  4. oldsouth

annafil

the fan issue is a manufacturing defect - read the post about the guy who fixed it by opening up his machine. it's not a bios issue because people in the region where I bought mine don't have the issue simply because it came from a different factory or batch.

the flickering and the bricking have reportedly been fixed in the latest bios update - what more do you want them to do?

annafil, Sep 19, 2008
  5. oldsouth

davidbrown2

Exactly!
    Yes I do read the forum, and if you had read it you wouldn't sound as harsh and foolish.
    I sent mine off to be repaired and had absolutely no problems, they replaced the fan and now the machine is working perfectly.
    No issues whatsoever.

davidbrown2, Sep 19, 2008
  6. oldsouth

oldsouth

Sorry to sound foolish. I guess as long as yours is working everything must be OK.

oldsouth, Sep 20, 2008
  7. oldsouth

ankhaw93

Okay, whatever the fan problem is, it might be happening to me. Can someone direct me to the post on what this is all about?

My Aspire one just shuts off for no reason... and I don't hear the fan whirring anymore, so I think that's the issue. Help, anyone?

ankhaw93, Oct 26, 2008
Ask a Question