C-drive filling up with unwanted bytes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by photo.marijke, Mar 18, 2011.

1. photo.marijke

photo.marijke

I have an Acer Aspire 4937 G that I use for my photos.
    I installed Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.1 and Elements 7.0 as well as Microsoft office 2003 and Nero 9.
    When I upload the images from my camera I sort them, edit them and then move them to a portable HDD. After I have finished there are no more photos on my C-drive and just a few on the D-drive. However, my C-drive seems to be filling up with bytes that I cannot retrieve.
    I empty the recycle bin, delete folders on Lightroom and images on PSE, but I cannot stop this process. I defragment the C-drive and do a disc clean-up, but that doesn’t help. I never go online with this computer, so the things that fill up my HDD must come from my photos. What can I do about it?

photo.marijke, Mar 18, 2011
  2. photo.marijke

KiNG

I have seen this happening before myself, was with photoshop. I would reinstalled lightroom/elements. Also try running the exe as adminstrator.

KiNG, Apr 15, 2011
  3. photo.marijke

softwebsolutions

i think you have got some virus like Trojan in your hard-disk in you Pc all you need to install some nice antivirus sowftware or if still it doesnt work than you need to format the hard-disk than before opening your any drives first install antivirus in your computer try this out .

softwebsolutions, Apr 23, 2012
  4. photo.marijke

hispoiema

This happened to me once. It was when I updated Google Earth. There was a bug in it, I ended up reinstalling my os.

hispoiema, Mar 12, 2014
  5. photo.marijke

mikelouis

Just make sure that you regularly clean your temp folder. Sometimes it is the one growing without your knowledge. I normally clean mine every week to remove all those unwanted folders and files.

mikelouis, Mar 13, 2014
  6. photo.marijke

hispoiema

That is a good recommendation. When I got my first computer, I used to defrag and use Disk Cleanup once a week. I don't think it needed it that often but it made me feel like I knew what I was doing and kept me "in touch" with my machine.
    I recently stuck the defrag shortcut on my desktop so I will remember to do so from time to time.

hispoiema, Mar 13, 2014
Ask a Question