Buzzing Just Started

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by hooya, Nov 21, 2009.

1. hooya

hooya

My Acer Aspier has just started buzzing when I pluing the the AC power supply. As soon as I pull it out it stops. The netbook charges
    fine, all battery indicators are working. If I listen closely it sounds like the noise takes 5-10 secs to throttle up to its loudest.

Have done a google search and seen a few people with similar problems. Anyone come across this themselves?

Thanks

Jason

hooya, Nov 21, 2009
  2. hooya

Eosblue

I've seen other electronic gear buzz. My cordless drill does that. It would be very annoying to hear when running your computer off the charger. I would call Acer about it if you're under the warranty (which you probably are since the 751h hasn't been out that long). If you have a buddy with one of these or if there is a store that might let you plug in to their charger to see if it does the same thing, that would be a good idea. I bought a spare charger on eBay for around $25 or so for traveling.

Keep us up to date on what happens and if you get it fixed.

Eosblue, Nov 21, 2009
  3. hooya

TrackSmart

Just a thought (not sure where your buzzing is coming from): I know that under battery power, Windows 7 will use a lower fan speed (or shut it off completely). So plugging in your adapter might be spinning up the fan. So your fan might be the issue. Either due to dust or to a bad bearing.

TrackSmart, Nov 21, 2009
Ask a Question