Buzzing fan... Worth sending for repair?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by mauwong, Nov 8, 2008.

1. mauwong

mauwong

My acer one aspire (model: aoa150-1570 mfg date: 0808) has a buzzing fan noise. The One my co-worker bought (model: aoa150-1864 mfg date: 0908) from Costco was relatively quiet in comparison. When I requested a recovery cd from Acer I asked whether the fan noise was normal. The Acer Rep. said that he has One beside him and it is quiet. He suggested that I send in my One for repair after I turn on the One and let him listen to the buzzing noise. He said that it is not normal and may cause a mechanical failure in the future when it is out of warranty. He provided me w/ a service# but I am torn about sending it in since I've read that some Ones came back with cosmetic damage. Should I send in my One for repair? Any advise from forum members would be highly appreciated.

mauwong, Nov 8, 2008
  2. mauwong

judeh101

hey, my buzzing fan only occurs when I shake my aao, or when I move it a lot that happens.
    :D

judeh101, Nov 8, 2008
Ask a Question