Buying batteries online

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DaniDavidson, Apr 18, 2016.

1. DaniDavidson

DaniDavidson

When I had my old laptop I decided to buy a new battery for it online. It was a Toshiba laptop and I checked all the serial numbers for it to make sure that I got the right battery, but when I got it in the mail it didn't work. This honestly doesn't surprise me, but do you think that it's okay to buy a battery online? Or do you think that most of the time they don't work, like in my case? I would totally buy one online now because I have a mac, but otherwise I don't think that I would end up buying one for another computer.

DaniDavidson, Apr 18, 2016
  2. DaniDavidson

IcyBC

I bought a replacement battery for my old HP laptop before, and it worked just fine! I bought it on eBay, which is much cheaper than at the store around my town. You just have to make sure to check out the seller, and their warranty, plus the option to return it. eBay has buyer protection plan so if it is not working or not what they said, you can get your money back by dispute with the seller.

IcyBC, Apr 20, 2016
  3. DaniDavidson

DaniDavidson

Okay, that's a good idea. I actually bought one from Amazon for the old one that I had and it just didn't work, which made me mad because I spent a good amount on it. But I think that if I ended up buying a battery for my new laptop it wouldn't be that bad.

DaniDavidson, Apr 25, 2016
  4. DaniDavidson

Lisa Davis

I have purchased replacement cords and batteries online for many laptops. However, I have had this problem, too. The best advice I can tell you is to make sure you don't purchase one of those really cheap Asian no-brand knockoffs. It's tempting to buy them because they are so much cheaper, but it takes forever to get them. Plus, even if they do work initially, they are pretty poor quality and end up not working after a month at most.

Lisa Davis, May 15, 2016
Ask a Question