Buying a super laptop for learning information security and gaming

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Vertigo4444, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Vertigo4444

Vertigo4444

Hi, I am in the US, Los Angeles for a week from now and I would like to purchase a new laptop.
    I currently have a gaming pc at home and so I am not sure how powerful should my laptop be.
    I currently own Gtx 970 and i7 4790 3.6 ghz and 8 gb of ram in my pc.

There are few things to consider:
    1) I'm from Israel and the woltage there is 220v instead of 110v in the US and the frequency is 50 hz compared to 60 hz in the US.
    2) I set my budget for around 1800 usd where i saw you can find a good gaming laptop with gtx 1070, i7 7700, 16 gb ram, good display with 120 hz refresh rate and g-sync.
    My question is if I am now focusing more on learning and less hard gaming like I used to should I spend the extra money for the gtx 1070 or go like 500 Bucks less for 1060..

What are good laptops to look at?
    I will be traveling a lot and I heard a gaming laptop only has like 1 hour of battery life and really gets heated which is something I wouldn't like spend my money on.

I need a pretty decent battery life and good cooling while still remain powerful and on budget.. If I could spend less it will be even better

Thanks In advance!!

Vertigo4444, Aug 21, 2017
Ask a Question