Buyer trying to get smart...!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Nemix, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Nemix

Nemix

So, I am trying to sell my Hitachi 120GB hard drive that came with my Aspire One. I posted on my local BuySell newspaper and I buyer offers me a deal for the item. He says he'll take my drive and the Acer XP partition that came along with the drive.

That totally cracked my up, if I am able to take my Aspire One apart and replace my hard drive and upgrade my ram along with add some AS5 to the heat sink then I would not be so dumb to sell my drive including the the Acer XP partition so that buyers are able to recover Windows XP using my serial number.

Luckily I've already image both partitions that came with the Aspire One Hitachi 120GB including the XP partition, not that need it because I've already re-installed XP using the OEM XP Home SP3 downloaded from this forum onto my new hard drive(thanks) :) but just in case I need to resell the laptop and buyers might want the recovery feature (AA1 = keeper) :).

I've come to conclusion that there are many bad Aspire One users trying to rip off fellow Aspire One users...beats me but I guess that's life.

Nemix, Sep 30, 2008
Ask a Question