burn CDs, create live-cd or live-usb, dual boot lubuntu/ubuntu with linpus lite meego

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by 1user, Nov 3, 2012.

1. 1user

1user

Hi. :) I have bought Acer Aspire One D270 with Linpus Lite for Meego. The problem is I don't know anything about Linux. Although I'd like to learn, this distribution is making things very difficult for me.

So I would really like help on these issues:

1) How can you burn a CD or DVD with AAOD270, an external burner and Linpus Lite for Meego? Which program can you use and how do you install it?

2) How can you create a live-cd or a live-usb with lubuntu or ubuntu and how do you install this distribution so you can dual boot this with Linpus Lite for Meego?

3) I've downloaded unetbootin-linux-581 and in properties, permissions I've checked the box "allow executing file as program" BUT when I double click the program, it seems to freeze and I can't even open the top menu bar. How can I run unetbootin with Linpus Lite for Meego?

1user, Nov 3, 2012
  2. 1user

RockDoctor

Not sure which cd burner app is included in Linpus Lite for Meego; but K3b, brasero, gnomebaker, and xfburn are all popular cd-burning apps. To create a live-usb, unetbootin (which is abvailable for both Windows and Linux) should work with any Linux distro.

RockDoctor, Nov 20, 2012
Ask a Question