Built-in microphone not working with Vista...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rick96, Sep 28, 2008.

1. rick96

rick96

My One's built-in microphone isn't working in Vista (full)... Other than this, everything else is fine. Has anyone else noticed this... Any help will be much appreciated.

rick96, Sep 28, 2008
  2. rick96

rowantree

Don't you mean XP? Anyways...

It doesn't work with Linux either. I raised this in another thread but no-ones responded as yet.

If you Google something like "aspire one deaf mic" you'll find an article saying it only works with Skype installed...

(Everything else works just fine on mine too.)

Cheers,
    Rowantree

rowantree, Sep 28, 2008
  3. rick96

daldred

Just responded to your other topic; it does work in Linux!

daldred, Sep 28, 2008
  4. rick96

kdl

Mine is working best with the original Vista drivers. With Realtek drivers i have to shout to record something and even then it is at a very low volume. With the original Vista drivers echo cancelling doesn't work. So you have to use it with earphones or it will interfere with the speakers. I tried many drivers to solve this, but for now haven't found one solution. I am running Vista lite and maybe I have disabled something that I shouldn't have. But no time to sort that out for now.

kdl, Oct 1, 2008
  5. rick96

rick96

Tried the Vista drivers with no luck... it apears as working in the OS (control panel, sound, recording...) but it does nothing when I try to use it in messenger. I prefer using a bluetooth headset for video conferencing, but its a plus to have the built in mic. working just in case you run out of batteries on the headset or something.

rick96, Oct 5, 2008
  6. rick96

qweasd

don't know if this is your problem but on XP I found that installing the driver w/o running the full setup.exe gave me no microphone but once I ran the full setup it works fine...

qweasd, Oct 7, 2008
  7. rick96

taiguy

same issue. can't use the mic at all in vista. surely somebody has figured this out by now.

taiguy, Oct 23, 2008
  8. rick96

Kartikay

No, afraid no one has yet to help me even with getting the Mic to work in XP. Here is my old post
    http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5421

Acer help told me to reinstall my whole system!

Kartikay, Oct 23, 2008
  9. rick96

Kartikay

I ran the full set up and it did not work.

Kartikay, Oct 23, 2008
  10. rick96

taiguy

hmm... well looking at the sound panel. There is a realtek microphone but it's saying the input is the line-in jack on the right side. I don't even know how to identify the one built into the bezel. I haven't opened up my screen before so does anyone know how it connects? USB?

taiguy, Oct 23, 2008
  11. rick96

kdl

My mic was working fine with the standard Vista drivers, but after trying many Realtek drivers up to the newest 2.07 I finally found a set drivers that make the mic work with Realtek drivers instead of the standard Vista drivers.

You can download the drivers from the Acer site And have this name: Audio_Realtek_v.5.10.0.5628.zip. I tried so many drivers because I want to echo cancellation to work. Well I got the Realtek drivers to work, but the echo cancellation is not working for 100% but it seems to be better than without. Normally I try to download the newest drivers I can find and actually never tried this driver before, but I got it working now.

kdl, Oct 25, 2008
  12. rick96

robandjeanne

Latest driver you mentioned from Realtek not working with XP. There may be some unusual trick involved in installing, because I thought I had it working briefly. It didn't work after starting AA1 again.

robandjeanne, Dec 12, 2008
  13. rick96

robandjeanne

Where do you see the mic identified as the line mic?

robandjeanne, Dec 20, 2008
Ask a Question