bootup problem--screen remains black

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by chrisw, Feb 22, 2009.

1. chrisw

chrisw

Hey, i recently bought an acer aspire one netbook. It was running perfect until the other day. I went and uninstalled a program i installed but no longer needed. I did a system reset by going to start--turn off---restart.

When it restarted, the screen just remained black. I tried powering it off and on, but the 2 lights on the left just flash once and go out, and the screen stays black and all i can hear is the computer fan running. No activity, nothing. Black screen.

Any ideas how i could fix this? any reset button? What could have caused this? It was runnung perfectly before. My worry is that all my important data is lost cause i was dumb and did not back it all up.

Thanks,
    Chris.

chrisw, Feb 22, 2009
  2. chrisw

Rich in ILM

Exactly my situation yesterday. Take a look at:

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11688

Rich in ILM, Feb 22, 2009
  3. chrisw

johnnyfinlandia

mine too !

I bought an Acer A150 from Asda 4 weeks ago and only now updating the RAM and removed the Linpus and trying to add XP.

Xp has been proving a problem and was on the latest try - it was about to reboot into the graphical part of the install and BLACK SCREEN

I have taken the board apart again (as I did for the RAM install) and tried to move the cable - removed and reconnected (the one for the screen) but still NOTHING !

Anyone got any ideas

BIOS 3301 (160GB HD).

Br
    John
    :cry:

johnnyfinlandia, Feb 23, 2009
  4. chrisw

johnnyfinlandia

Going back for repair to Acer - will see what they say !

johnnyfinlandia, Feb 24, 2009
Ask a Question