BOOTMGR is compressed

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Nissan_350Z, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Nissan_350Z

Nissan_350Z

okay.. (i really ask you guys too many questions) i installed windows 7.. got all that done let it compress and unindex everything (as i do every computer i have) and i restart it and it pops up saying BOOTMGR is compressed Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
    ..any idea how to fix this seeing as i dont have a CD or DVD drive? i do have a 1GB flast drive if i can do anything with it.. any help is appreciated!!!

Nissan_350Z, Feb 21, 2010
  2. Nissan_350Z

Indie

Oh dear that sounds bad :(.I'm going to create you a windows 7 system image and a system repair disc since we have the same Netbook brand it should work. It will take some time for I will have to retrieve my flash drive for it to work. Please refrain from compressing anything the next time.

Indie, Feb 21, 2010
  3. Nissan_350Z

Nissan_350Z

i hope you get this message before you start it.. i finally got it running only it took me:
    -grabbing my flash drive
    -using another computer to make it bootable (spent over an hour on google trying to figure out how to do it on XP(on a diff computer) before giving up to going to another windows 7 computer)
    -made it bootable, grabbed a recovery disc ISO (well neosmart had released one publicly?)
    -used winrar to extract it to my flash drive
    -argue with the BIOS settings to make it boot from the flash drive (btw if anyone needs to redo their laptop completely i found out you can hit ALT and F10 upon start up and it takes you to acer eRecovery)
    -had to boot from the flash drive several times just to make it recover the boot loader just enough to boot windows 7
    but i think i found a way to get XP back by using easyBCD?
    thanks once again!! this whole process took about 3-4 hours just to figure everything out and after poking google a bit..
    i listed out the steps in case someone else encounters this problem too

Nissan_350Z, Feb 21, 2010
Ask a Question