Booting Netbook Remix hanging problem

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Soundhog, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Soundhog

Soundhog

I've used Unetbootin to create a bootable usb stick. However, whilst I do get a splash screen for a while, the system then hangs with the following message-

Loading, Please wait......

BusyBox v1.10.2 (ubuntu 1:1.10.2-2ubuntu7) built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for list of built in commands.

(initramfs)

What can I do?

Soundhog, Jul 29, 2009
  2. Soundhog

DutchDK

Don't use Unetbootin to make a bootable Jaunty Jackalope Ubuntu Netbook Remix USB stick.
    The Ubuntu Netbook Remix version comes as an flash IMG file, not an CD/DVD ISO file. Use the win32imagewriter program to make the UNR USB stick, just as it says on the UNR install page at ubuntu.com :
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Insta ... omImgFiles

If you are trying to boot the karmic koala version of UNR, don't bother. The automated buildscripts for the daily karmic builds of anything else but regular Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu hasn't been set up properly yet, so even though there is an UNR iso for Karmic Koala, its not useable. Karmic is still in very early Alpha development. The schedule for Karmic states that Beta status won't happen until october 1'st. Don't expect the downloadable UNR version of Karmic untill then.

DutchDK, Jul 29, 2009
Ask a Question