Booting iso from a usb stick

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cookoospite, Jul 6, 2009.

1. cookoospite

cookoospite

I have an Iso file of winflp, extracted using Winrar. How do I get the files to boot from my stick so I can install on my acer? I use win xp so vista and win 7 command prompt doesn't work. Please help.

Thanks

Cookoo

cookoospite, Jul 6, 2009
  2. cookoospite

cookoospite

If anyone is interested I fixed this by following the instructions with 'Rons tiny xp,' (google search.) Just substitute his image with the one you want to use.

Happy tweaking :)

Cookoo

cookoospite, Jul 11, 2009
  3. cookoospite

the_TRiB

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm finding it near impossible to get a bootable winFLP iso onto my USB. I have the winflp.iso, and I tried doing it as per Ron's instructions, but the ghost.exe is unable to recognize the .iso.

Can anybody tell me how to burn an .iso to a USB drive?

the_TRiB, Sep 6, 2009
  4. cookoospite

the_TRiB

Arrrggghhh... I just used UltraIso to burn the winflp.iso to the drive, but when I tried to boot off of it, I got an error saying "INF file setup.txt is missing or corrupt". I am incredibly frustrated right now. Been at this for hours. Everytime I think I've found it, it doesn't end up working.

the_TRiB, Sep 6, 2009
  5. cookoospite

cookoospite

serves me right for not trying this out when I put this up. I assumed it would work but my guess is that there are some files in tiny xp that aren't in flp. If ghost is just not being recognised then you could probably just download Ron's xp and transfer that onto your memory stick as well. Instructions on transferring to usb are in Ron's instructions, from memory I think I used unetbootin but not sure. If transferring Rons Ghost file doesn't work then I'm at a loss.

Sorry for not trying this before posting, I was just getting on so well with xp that I decided not to mess with a good thing.

Good luck,

Cookoo

cookoospite, Sep 10, 2009
Ask a Question