Booting from Secondary Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Remus, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Remus

Remus

Hi all,

I have a ASUS E402SA Laptop that contains a EMMC 32GB Hard Drive. The Hard Drive is embeded onto the motherboard and can not be updated. Laptop has windows 10 preinstalled and refuses to get the latest updates due to insufficient free space.

I've performed a system recovery and installed ONLY office 2010 which is the minimum software we need to use this laptop. And there is still not enough space for an update.

The laptop has a secondary 500gb sata drive installed to the space available for it.

Is it possible to change the boot flag to the 500gb hard drive and manually installed windows 10 onto it. Leaving the 32gb hard drive as is. I'd like to avoid formating it as it contains the factory recovery image.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Remus, Dec 21, 2017
  2. Remus

OldPhil

OldPhil, Feb 28, 2018
  3. Remus

Cueyo

windows ten can fit on like 10 GB HDDs, so I think your storage issue may be something else on the HDD, try looking through the files in file explorer (probably in PC/C: ) and deleting things you don't need, also try storing all files in the larger HDD by just making a folder in the larger one (probably PC/D: ) and storing everything to that. If you absolutely need to switch your os to the larger drive, uninstall windows (plenty of tutorials online) and install it to the hard drive - it may cost you money for the latter.

Cueyo, Mar 20, 2018
Ask a Question