Booting from SD card or USB drive

Discussion in 'Linux' started by multiboot, Jan 21, 2010.

1. multiboot

multiboot

I will hopefully soon have a AOD250-0BGp, and would like to have the option of booting into linux. I originally wanted Android when I saw that option, but it's not mature enough. Soo.. I'm looking at this one which has all the bells and whistles I need (3G, basically).

It's got XP Home now, and I want a safe OS in addition to that. A card or a USB drive is fine. Either a very fast and simple OS with not much more than a browser, or one that's a bit fuller. I'll probably use Windows a lot of the time, but I wouldn't want to do banking etc on XP.

Trouble is, I don't know if that model will boot from the SD card drive? If not, will it boot from USB drive?

Having a choice of OS without removing XP is a dealbreaker for me, so I'm asking if you guys know before I buy the thing.

Edit: I don't need the 3G to work when running Linux, since I'll be keeping XP.

multiboot, Jan 21, 2010
Ask a Question