Booting from a USB

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by elmo.ross, Aug 25, 2022.

1. elmo.ross

elmo.ross

I went to Best buy the other day to look at a computer to buy. I brought my USB drive that had Linux loaded up on. It works well on my older computers at home. I'm able to boot up from the USB with no problem.

But when I got to the computer store I asked the guy there hey boot this up so I can put my USB drive in and run Linux off this computer before I buy it I want to make sure it works.

Well it was running Windows 11.xx something like that and it just wouldn't allow me to boot up to the USB drive it kept fighting me it wouldn't leave windows it was just a pain in the butt and the guy at the store didn't know what to do. He really wasn't motivated anyway didn't seem to care to help. My older computer which is simple.
    I don't use Windows myself. If I buy a computer in Windows is loaded on the computer I don't care as long as I can boot up my USB drive and run Linux.

Any experience with something like this any tips thanks

elmo.ross, Aug 25, 2022
Ask a Question