boot password doesnt work,cant get into system at all =(

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by lm123, Sep 20, 2008.

1. lm123

lm123

ok basically.. i have an acer aspire one a150 with linux. only had it for two days and have managed to lock myself out!! :(

I set up the 'root' password the very first time i switched on.And was only ever asked for it if I chose to lock the system whilst logged on, or to add new programs.

I then entered the BIOS and set a supervisor password. and the option for password on boot. I was trying to secure my laptop so basically no one else could go on it.

The manual tells me when the system boots I will be asked for the user password. When i do boot , i get the message please enter CURRENT password. I have tried eveything, entered the two ONLY passwords I have set and nothing. I cant even change the boot source so i can format the thing and just re-install linux from disc.

This is a major problem , i dont want to have to send it away or anything after just two days. Can anyone help, any ideas, such as a default password or anything?

Thanks in advance.

lm123, Sep 20, 2008
  2. lm123

lm123

ok after all that, I just read a comment on another post stating 'all passwords will be saved in capitals no matter how you typed them'

entered my supervisor password in caps and voila! Thank god! after spending the whole day panicking about this!

But just for anyone else with this problem, this may be your solution. :)

lm123, Sep 20, 2008
  3. lm123

Angel

I had the same thing happen to me, finally read about the all caps solution, but have recently flashed my bios with the latest update which fixes the all caps problem. So now I can have my mixed cased alphanumeric password on my aa1.

Angel, Sep 20, 2008
Ask a Question