Boot D2D Recovery - alternative technique

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bazzalar, Apr 27, 2010.

1. bazzalar

bazzalar

This is what I did successfully on my Acer 532h - might not work for others. If you have the old Acer Aspire 1s (AOA150 and A250) there is another way of doing it - http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3054

My technique works where you don't have the “MBRwrWin.exe and RTMBR.bin” files in PQService.

*Note: DO NOT DISABLE D2D Recovery option IN THE BIOS!*

1) Download, unzip and launch (with administrator rights) partedit32(google it)
    2) The PQService recovery partition is the one in the Hard Drive 1/Partition 1 with the smaller size. Place your cursor over the two partitions that are there in Hard Disk 1 - when you hover over the PQService partition, it will show “Compaq diagnostics" at the bottom of the box (this may be different depending on your configuration)
    3) Go to coloumn "Type" and change the two digit number for the PQService partition - it will show 12 (generally). Change it to 07 (or whatever the other normal Partition's type number is).
    4) Save changes, exit
    5) Reboot
    6) Back in Windows, go to the Computer Management program (either under Administrative Tools in Windows XP or just right click on My Computer, click Manage, then Disk Management)
    7) Select PQService partition, right click and mark it as an Active Partition.
    8) Reboot (and make sure in BIOS, Acer D2D is not disabled)
    9) Acer eRecovery will start automatically.
    10) When its all done, the PQService partition will hide itself automatically.

Best of luck

bazzalar, Apr 27, 2010
Ask a Question