Boot acronis with sd-card driver

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by CopyCatz, Sep 26, 2008.

1. CopyCatz

CopyCatz

I wonder if anyone has succeeded in doing this: I'm planning to buy an 8 gb sd card, and use this to write an image on it that is created by acronis trueimage from my c: drive. This way I could restore my machine with only the sd-card and a usb stick. I have made the stick bootable, and used acronis to put trueimage on it.
    However, when I boot the stick and select restore from trueimage, the sd-card is not in the file browser. I know that acronis uses a linux based os to boot the stick, so I'd assume I need to have drivers in order to mount the sd-card on boot? Has anyone succeeded in adding these drivers to the rescue media?

p.s.: sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, couldn't decide if it was drivers, linux, windows, or hardware...

CopyCatz, Sep 26, 2008
  2. CopyCatz

ralphygarfield

ralphygarfield, Sep 27, 2008
  3. CopyCatz

nchntr

My AA1 will not boot from a SD card in either of the slots. I dont think the Bios allows. However you can get a cheap SD-USB adapter and it will recognize that and boot (if selected in the F12 menu) hope that helps. I want to do the same thing as you (Acronis Image Restore) I am looking into an SD card that folds and has a USB connector on it. Then i can store it in the SD slot and Move to the USB port to recover.

nchntr, Oct 11, 2008
Ask a Question