Bluez and Bluetooth 2.1 devices ???

Discussion in 'Linux' started by clcuckow, Nov 6, 2008.

1. clcuckow

clcuckow

Hi All,

I am trying to get a Belkin F8T016 mini bluetooth dongle which is a Bluetooth 2.1 device and am falling at the final hurdle.

I have installed the drivers from linker3000's post (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=789) but I am not sure if there source base was from before of after Bluez release the patch-2.6.26-mh6.gz patch which fixes it or for that matter if they even rolled the patch into source base.

Its a shame they only patch the latest kernel.

Thanks

clcuckow, Nov 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. clcuckow

OneHead

I'm also trying to get the same (neat!) adapter to work under the stock Linpus, however I've set up a Fedora 8 machine seperately to compile extra modules (similar idea to the post you refer to). I've gotten as far as getting the adapter to be able to find other devices, meaning the hardware and underlying drivers are working, but still no joy in actually doing anything useful (I'd like to pair my Sony DR-BT21G headphones to it). I need to spend more time with this.

OneHead, Nov 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question