Bluetooth only works after a sleep

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jearle, Jan 11, 2009.

1. jearle

jearle

I'm on my second AAO, the first still works, but has a badly cracked screen after a 7 year old stood on it.

Both are Linux, with 8M SSD.

The first one I got working fine with a mini USB bluetooth dongle, which I use with a 3G mobile... all works fine.

When I did the same set of changes on my new one, I cannot get the bluetooth to be recognised from a cold boot.
    If I suspend (sleep) and wake up, then its detected. Or if I pull it out and back in, its detected.

Can anyone think of something I've done wrong?

There is a slight difference between the 2 AAOs. The first is using old 3109 BIOS, and the new one 3309.

jearle, Jan 11, 2009
  2. jearle

sanger440

I have had similiar issues with my BT dongle in Linpus. Sometimes it is not recognized at boot, sometimes BT starts up and it doesn't work right. When I pull the dongle and reinsert it usually works again.

But sometimes it will boot up for days and days without a problem, never have to take the dongle out. So it is intermitent for me, but generally works most of the time. Not sure what a solution would be since updating any of the BT stuff using yum breaks causes havoc on my setup.

Sanger.

sanger440, Feb 2, 2009
Ask a Question