Bluetooth missing

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gooe1215, Nov 13, 2020.

1. gooe1215

gooe1215

I have a T102HA Transformer. After the latest Windows update, my bluetooth mouse suddenly quit working. I checked settings and it said that Bluetooth was turned off. There was no longer a button to turn it on. I checked Device manager and updated all of the bluetooth drivers. Still didn't work. I uninstalled the Qualcomm Atheros driver and now there is no bluetooth in device manager. I downloaded the qualcommatheros driver package from ASUS and followed instructions but there still is no bluetooth showing even under hidden devices on device manager. How can I reinstall?

gooe1215, Nov 13, 2020
  2. gooe1215

gray1

I am not famaliar with that model of laptop, but if windows don't see a bluetooth device, drivers usually don't help. The first thing I would do is take the Qualcomm Antheros network device out and put it back in. The object is for Windows to see a Bluetooth device. Then see if Windows sees a Bluetooth device. If that doesn't work, I would use a Linux Mint Cinnamon (live usb) and see if Linux sees it. If Linux sees it then you know it's a software issue rather than a hardware issue. The Atheros device could have went out and just quit working. If all else fails, then you could get a Bluetooth USB adaptor and plug it into an open USB port and use it that way. Good luck

gray1, Dec 4, 2020
Ask a Question