Blue Screen Loop on Aspire One (A110 - 16GB XP)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by RandomOtter, Sep 3, 2009.

1. RandomOtter

RandomOtter

Hi all,

I have had my netbook for literally 2 days and I've already fooked it! :lol:

It's the 9" A110 - 16GB XP.

I think what happened is... It was installing Windows XP updates on shutdown, I closed the lid and then it interrupted at about the 32nd of 65 update installs.

The screen changed to say "Windows is now shutting down" and I thought it had frozen so I kept my finger on the power button and shut it down improperly.

Now when I start it up it loop restarts.

It comes up with the chkdsk page and then fails with this error: "\config.msi first allocation unit not available. The entry will be truncated".

Then it disappears and the blue screen of death comes up. The error it has is: "config_list_failed" and then it has the following STOP error codes: 0x00000073, (0x00000001, 0xC000017D, 0X00000002, 0XF7B82BB8).

It then loops all over again continuously.

I also installed FlashFire prior to this but I have rebooted about 4 times with no issue so I'm hoping it's not related to that. I think it is more because I shut it down incorrectly during updates.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RandomOtter, Sep 3, 2009
Ask a Question