Blue Screen error trying to install Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sal456, Jul 31, 2008.

1. sal456

sal456

Hi. I have been trying numerous ways to get it to work but keep coming up with the same problem. I tried installing Windows XP from a usb dvd drive and when it comes "Setup is starting Windows" immediately after that i get the blue screen saying a problem has been detected. I also tried EEEguides bootable usb way and same error. Any suggestions? I really want to get rid of Linux so i can used a windows based program on it.

Aspire One
    Model: ZG5
    AOA 110-1295

Thank you,
    Sal

sal456, Jul 31, 2008
  2. sal456

ronmexico

Easiest way to fix this my friend is to get an external dvd drive they are cheap now i found one for $40 canadian makes life much easier even after for installing apps (office etc, etc)

ronmexico, Jul 31, 2008
  3. sal456

sal456

My first attempt was with an external dvd drive. It didnt work. I then tried the bootable usb way and still no luck.

sal456, Jul 31, 2008
  4. sal456

sal456

Anyone with ANY suggestions??? Im totally lost on this. Any help will be greatly appriciated. Thank you

Sal

sal456, Aug 1, 2008
  5. sal456

CMark1

I encountered the same errors too. My theory is that I was trying to install off a WinXP Pro SP0 edition. When I switched to a WinXP Pro SP2 disk, it installed with no problems via USB.

Going to try an nlite USB install with the SP0 version with SP2 slipstreamed.

CMark1, Aug 1, 2008
  6. sal456

turk

I had the same problem before when I tried to install xp on external hdd using xp sp2 oem disk. What I did is using Xp3esd utility to create iso disc (you need another pc to do this) and then install it using external dvd drive. TinyXp can do the work too.

http://www.3eportal.com/index.php?optio ... 6&Itemid=1

turk, Aug 1, 2008
Ask a Question