Blue Screen and thats it!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by newtoitall, Feb 5, 2009.

1. newtoitall

newtoitall

Sorry guys and gals,

I have searched to try and find my problem on the site but to no avail.

Acer aspire 1 starts up and gets as far as the blue screen with words acerone in the bottom right then nothing..it just stays like that

I can at start up still press F2 to get into the multi choice boot ups etc but not sure what I am looking for.

It will just not take that extra leap and boot up fully.

Any ideas most welcome.

newtoitall, Feb 5, 2009
  2. newtoitall

nmesisca

if its windows press F8 just before it starts booting. then see if you have the option to start the last known good configuration. Alternatively you can start in Safe mode (from same F8 menu) and try to troubleshoot from there. Device manager is a good place to start when you BSOD.

nmesisca, Feb 5, 2009
  3. newtoitall

V6Jim

I get this from time to time when the wee Acer doesn't shut down properly. When you then start it again it goes to the Blue screen you describe.

In my case, the two times this has happened, I just left it alone to sort itself out. This blue screen just means that it's doing some internal trickery. If you leave it alone it'll restart itself after quite a while then it'll guddle about a bit and eventually will reboot successfully!

The last time this happened (yesterday) it took nearly 20mins to sort itself out. When it got going again all that I'd lost was my Email settings.

So don't panic, just be patient.....

Jimmy

V6Jim, Feb 5, 2009
  4. newtoitall

nmesisca

just for the records.. you waited 20 minutes because the AAO was dumping the contents of the memory in to a dump file, which I have to assume is still taking quite a bit of space in your hard drive.
    And sure, the issue can simply fix itself, like any other issue. BSOD means that something didnt work properly, most likely in a very bad way (see memory not plugged in properly, over/underclock, over/undervolt etc). Its a symphtom nothing more but you can wait a trillion years and sooner or later it wont recover.
    my 2cents.

nmesisca, Feb 5, 2009
  5. newtoitall

newtoitall

Thanks guys,

On Linux, Blue Screen stays put even though I have left it on all day!!

Anyone got any ideas as to how I get it to continue a normal boot up?

Thanks in advance.

newtoitall, Feb 6, 2009
  6. newtoitall

Mental

Have you tried using the recovery DVD?

Mental, Feb 7, 2009
Ask a Question