Blue AA1 vs White AA1

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jonnysone, Sep 11, 2008.

1. jonnysone

jonnysone

Which AA1 do you think looks better, blue or white?

jonnysone, Sep 11, 2008
  2. jonnysone

JimK

I own a blue and wish I had a white. You can scrub your hands with detergent and steel wool and barely touch the blue plastic and still leave grimy fingerprints.

JimK, Sep 11, 2008
  3. jonnysone

Guest Guest

What about the white one fading after a while, from your palms? Or from getting dirty over time? So me personally over time a darker color would be best for me.

Guest, Sep 11, 2008
  4. jonnysone

maciek

i own blue and its true its absolute nightmare to keep fingerprints off it... my camera lenses are more fingerprint proof :)

but I didn't want the white one because (my own view) keyboard looks cheap-ish while black keyboard on blue one is just traditional.

apart from that I think white is past the wow factor already in notebooks... its been out too long...

maciek, Sep 11, 2008
  5. jonnysone

philubuntu

I have a white one....first thing to say it that it is not plain old white, it's kinda pearl with shimmers of gold and silver depending on the light. The contrast between the pearlescent case, the red bezel and the black screen is perfectly matched.....as for fingerprints there are none obvious but then I treat mine like a grand piano- wouldn't touch it with greasy hands!! Guess where I am on in the blue versus white debate?!

philubuntu, Sep 11, 2008
  6. jonnysone

remoh

I first had a blue A110 and exchanged it to a white A150.
    No more fingerprints on the white one (you cant see them), it was really hell to keep the blue one clean.

remoh, Sep 11, 2008
  7. jonnysone

maciek

blue ? ;-)

maciek, Sep 11, 2008
  8. jonnysone

MAECTPO

I`m having a white one, and I dont think that white keybord looks cheap. I do a lot of typing on AA1, and it it much comfortable to find letters than on a black one (tried one before buying mine).

MAECTPO, Sep 11, 2008
  9. jonnysone

billr

White for me! did not like the blue-black kb combination ....if only they'd done blue-white kb I probably buy that.
    I got a neat way to clean the bezel...so no more fingerprints there! and I have never washed my hands so often :D

Yes agreed, treating the One like a grand piano...don't know how long I can keep that up :lol: :lol:

billr, Sep 11, 2008
  10. jonnysone

soleblaze

I have the blue one, and originally wanted that color..but looking more at pictures for the white one, I feel that one looks better.

soleblaze, Sep 11, 2008
  11. jonnysone

jpnjim

I want RED, bright RED. :D

Short of that, I really like this blue one.
    Fingerprints don't bother me.

jpnjim, Sep 11, 2008
  12. jonnysone

rjm

I was totally dead set on the blue one when I first saw the photos, but the effect wore off and by the time I ordered it I was solidly in the white camp. No regrets at all.

White looks a lot better than the early product photos / CG renders suggest.

[​IMG]

Someone else commented that the white A1 looks professional and the blue A1 looks like a toy. That's an exaggeration but still essentially true I think.

rjm, Sep 12, 2008
  13. jonnysone

Biostem

I want to see one of those orangish-copper colored ones when they come out...

Biostem, Sep 12, 2008
  14. jonnysone

SammyF70

No choice where I live : blue or nothing. I can't compain though, I really like the blue slightly metalic effect (minux the fingerprints .. Those are REALLY nasty and completely unavoidable, short of wearing gloves, on the blue AA1).
    If I had had the choice, I might have gone for a pink one ... at least that would have been different ;)

/me pictures himself showing compiz-fusion on a pink AA1 with a Hello Kitty sticker to some Apple Macbook fanboi :twisted:

SammyF70, Sep 12, 2008
  15. jonnysone

iatetoomuch

I bought a blue one for my mom at Best Buy but I ordered 2 whites off amazon for my girlfriend and I.

I have yet to see the white one in person but from the pictures I have seen, it is REALLY SEXY :p

Now for amazon to freaking ship my ONES already! :lol:

iatetoomuch, Sep 12, 2008
  16. jonnysone

maciek

thats just wrong... :) :ugeek:

maciek, Sep 12, 2008
  17. jonnysone

ruckus

At first when these babies were announced I thought for sure I was getting blue, but after seeing more and more pictures of the white, I had to have the white. I love it, it is very clean looking. I like the blue too, but the blank/white contrast is much better IMO. I even like how it looks closed!

ruckus, Sep 13, 2008
  18. jonnysone

ruckus

Just don't lump all mac users together as "fanboi"s, because then you are just as ignorant as a "fanboi". I'm a programmer and predominately do all of my development on a mac. Yet, I love my A1 with Xubuntu installed...

Just trying to keep the hate minimized! I was sad when apple took away my 12" Powerbook, thanks Acer for filling the void!

ruckus, Sep 13, 2008
  19. jonnysone

SammyF70

Chill out ... that's why I said "fanboi", and not "mac user" ;)

SammyF70, Sep 13, 2008
  20. jonnysone

jrinco11

I've seen both the white and the blue, and I think the blue is better -- I'd be afraid that after a while, the white would start to look dirty over time

jrinco11, Sep 18, 2008
Ask a Question