Blank Screen w/Mouse Pointer Visible

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by cck11, Aug 11, 2008.

1. cck11

cck11

Tried to start my One today (white, 512, Linux) and it goes through the normal setup routine until it is time for the desktop to appear. All I get is a black screen and my mouse pointer visible but completely frozen. I haven't installed anything (only a few days old) and went into Bios to restore the defaults. Still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

cck11, Aug 11, 2008
  2. cck11

hmraao

There is a point during the brief boot sequence, where the mouse pointer appears on a blank screen, although it does respond to input. If the boot sequence were to hang at that point, however, you'd get exactly the situation you describe.

I'd seek some support help from the men in white coats, if I were you. You may have a "dead parrot" on your hands, though, obviously not a norwegian blue.

Ephraim Tutt...

hmraao, Aug 29, 2008
  3. cck11

sgtslwilson

I sent 2 of my brand new blue 150s back to Best Buy because of this problem. I'm on my third AAO 150. If this one gives out I'm giving up and just buying a desktop. Besides, I still have my trusty old Acer 3690 and 5315.

Seriously, 2 of them dead in the water. Talk about frustrating.

sgtslwilson, Sep 8, 2008
Ask a Question