Black Screen

Discussion in 'Linux' started by olleaha, Jul 28, 2008.

1. olleaha

olleaha

Hello, i got a really big big problem here. Just after i got my one, i thought that id just get Norwegian lauguage as basic, writing style. And i used a command i found on the nett. As Follows;
    - Press ALT+F2
    - write "terminal" and run
    - write "echo "setxkbmap no".bash_profile"
    - write then reboot, and when you star you will see a flag down in the corner and it will be ok.

I did this, maybe i wrote something wrong and after it restarted i got a black screen. The one seems to be working as intended, but not linux. A black screen with just the mouse working, as a X. Ive tried everything, booting from another comp, with the recovery cd, booting from usbpenn, booting from an harddrive and cdrom. And it wont work. I just get up alots of BB BB BB BB in the start, and the it goes on to the black screen again...
    Im totally lost, anyone know what to do? Got any tips? I would love to hear it, really=)

olleaha, Jul 28, 2008
  2. olleaha

jack

I had a similar experience after fiddling with stuff and the innards and ended up corrupting the SSD. Following the restore instructions fixed it.

When you say 'boot from cdrom', do you mean you have a USB connected DVD drive plugged straight into the One? If you an try that, do so.

There have been numerous reports of the USB stick recovery failing. It may be worth your while trying a different, larger stick.

jack, Jul 29, 2008
Ask a Question