black screen that just says 'Error 22

Discussion in 'Linux' started by optimistique1, Nov 8, 2008.

1. optimistique1

optimistique1

When I start the computer I get a black screen that just says 'Error 22'.

The os will not load and nothing seems to happen when I try the restore DVD.....

Please help.
    :roll:

optimistique1, Nov 8, 2008
  2. optimistique1

rbil

What did you play with to get yourself in this box? It looks like either your partition table has changed or your MBR is unable to find grub.

Cheers.

rbil, Nov 8, 2008
  3. optimistique1

optimistique1

Hi there I was trying to install Linpus Lite 9.4 and I guess I messed up somewhere.......

Is this mess recoverable?

Many thanks

Garry :?

optimistique1, Nov 9, 2008
  4. optimistique1

rbil

Who knows, as I have NO idea what you did and how you did it? Sometimes, if it's just a corrupt MBR pointing to the disk that contains Grub it is possible to fix it. BUT, if the partition that contained Linpus is no longer there or has been overwritten, then you're s.o.l. You could screw around for a long time trying to fix it and save yourself a lot of time and sorrow by simply using Acer's recovery system to get your system back. Personally, I backup my system before playing around with it, so I KNOW that if something goes for sh*t, I can always get back to a fully working system, without losing anything. :)

Cheers.

rbil, Nov 9, 2008
  5. optimistique1

optimistique1

I have tried to use the recovery disk but when I try and reinstall the system the little light on the computer flashs to suggest that it is locked and then there is no progress with the recovery process.

optimistique1, Nov 9, 2008
Ask a Question