black screen on startup, now blue command line

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mikeboynton, Mar 2, 2011.

1. mikeboynton

mikeboynton

i had a blackscreen and a cross cursor on my aspire one (linpus, dont know model number, is it anywhere on the laptop? its pretty old got it about september 2008)
    anyway i did the bios flash thing i found online which i figured cant make things any worse, now ive got the blue screen with white aspire one logo, with a command line overlaid on it. i can enter text same as if i ran a command line in linpus but its only showing folders, not the files inside the folders.

some of the info on there

-bash-3.2$ intel_rng* FWH not detected
    sdhi slot 0 unknown controller version (1) you may experience problems.
    sd 2.0.0.0. [sdb] assuming drive cache write through

pciehp; device 0000.02.00.0 already exists at 2.0 cannot hot add
    same for 3 and 4

acpid 1 rule loaded
    acpid 1 client connected
    acpid 1 client rule loaded

can i get it to boot linpus from here? or boot linpus normally? or should i just chuck it in the bin. Thanks

Mike

mikeboynton, Mar 2, 2011
  2. mikeboynton

mikeboynton

im now back to the black screen with a cross cursor. just a white outline of an X. i can move it about and the brightness controls and turning the touchpad on/off functions work. also if i press the power button (ie not hold till it turns the machine off) it shuts itself down

i assume that means my problem wasnt the bios. and i did the bios flash wrong, and now ive done it right and im back to the first problem.

edit

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6393&p=117792&hilit=black+screen+with+cross+cursor#p117792

i found this post. but i have no access to norton/symantec ghost or even a floppy disk drive

so it looks like my only way out is re-install which is a pain in itself. especially since im in japan, and the recovery CD is somewhere at my mums house. in england. are the recovery CDs special to the laptop/model/hardware/software versions? or all the same. and what are the odds of me finding the files online and using my girlfriends laptop to make a recovery usb?
    thanks

mikeboynton, Mar 2, 2011
Ask a Question