black screen on acer aspire one netbook

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by netsechick, Oct 26, 2010.

1. netsechick

netsechick

I have a netbook with windows 7 starter. It froze on me one day so I had to turn it off manually. My battery life was low and I was charging it. I turn it back on and now all I get is a black screen. I don't even see the boot screen. I unplugged everything and turned it back on. I also took off the back and cleaned it out by blowing a can of air at it from a safe distance. I even took out the battery for 30 seconds. I really need this fixed. How can I get the screen working?

netsechick, Oct 26, 2010
  2. netsechick

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

I guess we need to find out if the problem is with the screen itself or if your netbook is just not loading.
    When you switch it on do you get to see anything on screen at all? Do you get the BIOS Splash screen or is it just black from the get go?

Also, when it is switched on is the hard drive light flashing for a while implying that it is loading windows but you just can't see it?

Do you have an external monitor you can try plugging in to see if you can see Windows there? You may need to try the Fn+ F5 hot key to get it to show on the external monitor.

Let me know how the above goes for you.

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Oct 26, 2010
  3. netsechick

netsechick

External monitor didn't work. I turn my netbook on and all I see is black, like a monitor that's not turned on with a regular computer. Sometimes shutting the computer down and restarting it helps. Sometimes it doesn't. And I don't see anything. Not even the boot screen.

netsechick, Oct 27, 2010
Ask a Question