Black Screen ACER ASPIRE ONE AOA110

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Vincent Koala, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Vincent Koala

Vincent Koala

Hi all, First sorry for my poor english cause I m frenchie
    I downloaded the latest bios 3310 on my PC Acer Aspire One A0A110 (downloaded from ACER). Installation for Windows XP, no problems, the PC to restart and then ... Black screen!
    I visited many forums, seen videos that show to reflash the bios using a USB key. (This seems to work with AOA150 but not with my computer ...) :confused:

I insert the USB into the laptop (you put two files above FLASHIT.EXE + Bios file. FD
    When starting the PC i press Fn + Esc <-The power button blinks, and normally PCshould boot from the USB key ... (but no activity with the USB key ...)
    I tried several USB key formatted in FAT, FAT32 1GB, 64MB, 16GB etc etc .... The PC does not boot on any key.
    I read lots of stuff on the subject as wacky as possible (A fella indicates to put PC into FREEZER!!)
    In short, someone would have a solution to help me please? I called ACER recommends that I send my PC for a quote at 40 €. A computer shop technician recommended to change the motherboard for 300 €!!
    I also tried to put out the battery on the MB to make a clear CMOS but without success
    Thank you all for your help!
    Vincent:(

Vincent Koala, Feb 19, 2013
  2. Vincent Koala

something back

Press power switch then press F2 if the motherboard settings page shows then check in the (BOOT) section to see if the harddrive is listed. If both the motherboard settings page and the harddrive are listed then it's a software problem.

something back, Feb 19, 2013
  3. Vincent Koala

Vincent Koala

Hi, nothing append, Still Black Screen. Im afraid, the motherboard is dead.

PC (Trash-Mode). Thanks for your answers

Enjoy your Week end

Vincent Koala, Feb 22, 2013
  4. Vincent Koala

something back

There's one last thing to try, remove and then refit the ram. Sometimes the ram collects static, stopping the computer

something back, Feb 22, 2013
  5. Vincent Koala

pertsavk

Hi,
    can you try to boot with an external monitor? I have a few of AAO's and some of them have a little loose lcd connector. This leads to a black screen when booting.

About the bios emergency flash thingie you said you tried, did you remember to rename the bios file according to the instructions? It only works with the specified file name and to be sure I have always used caps only. All my AAO 110's have worked with the emergency flash (despite one which I suspect has some real fault in the motherboard). Did you have both the battery and AC cord connected? Did you wait long enough?

pertsavk, Feb 26, 2013
  6. Vincent Koala

Vincent Koala

Hi pertsavk,
    Thanks for your answer, i try all those things but without success. Nothing appear on the screen (external and lcd monitor). I weel check the file name and they re looking good.

I ve tried to use a 64 Mb format in FAT Mode (with Dos Boot In). I put on the USB also the file ZG5IA32.FD and the file FLASHIT.EXE

Nothing appears the screen is still black.

I left the PC try to boot on the USB stick about 30 minutes <- nothing
    I tried other USB Sticks with activity led (to check if the system use it) <- no activity

My main problem in fact (I think), is that the PC does not recognize my USB key, so it can 't boot on it

The Bios seem to be death ......

Thanks for your help
    Vince

Vincent Koala, Feb 28, 2013
Ask a Question