Bizarre audio/HDD/wifi problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by torrentmasta, Jan 18, 2010.

1. torrentmasta

torrentmasta

I have an original version of AAO, its pretty old. I bought it when they were first introduced to the public for sale. From day one I have had problems with it. The very first time I booted it up and the computer tried to install xp, it crashed on the install and I had to re-install it. It seemed to just be one thing after another with this netbook. The original xp installation that comes with the AAO, never ran correctly on my AAO. When I turned the audio up loud the HDD would start to hang, im not sure what caused this but eventually the AAO was rendered unusable, it was totally messed up. So I searched around and found a AAO recovery disk image that I was able to burn to disc and then install via external dvd-rom. Using this version of XP was not bad, it ran pretty decent for a while. So when windows 7 came out I thought I would give it a go on the netbook. It seemed to run perfectly for several months until 2 days ago. The AAO wireless card turned off and the audio was hanging causing this buzzing noise, and the hdd was hanging also. I am not sure what's going on with this thing but it seems like I got a lemon AAO, if anybody has any clue what might be wrong with my AAO or maybe direct me to another thread, I would really appreciate it.

torrentmasta, Jan 18, 2010
Ask a Question