BIOS Update Gone Wrong Need Help!

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by R5R, Sep 25, 2009.

1. R5R

R5R

Hi,
    Well i just updated my bios to 3310 for AOA150 and rebooted, I then when windows started loading the fan goes to full speed, then back down then it suddenly shuts off, ive tried the blind flash but no luck, and even in the bios after about 30 seconds it just shuts down(the fan is spinning normally also, except for when windows starts). Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated. I flash it using the acer flash program provided, what i think might of happened is I had the fan control program running in the background, could that interfere with the bios writing?

R5R, Sep 25, 2009
  2. R5R

vanaggel

Hello,

Recently (yesterday) this happend me to!
    Thinking it is a wrong temp setting I put my netbook in the fridge for 1 hour to get more time and then took the 3309 version.
    It works fine now! :p

vanaggel, Oct 6, 2009
  3. R5R

BB-One

It happened also to me last night. I wasn't able to start up Ubuntu as well as Windows 7. So I assume this has nothing to do with fan control... Flashed it back to version 3309....

BB-One, Oct 13, 2009
  4. R5R

Nogib

You doing something weird like flashing in Windows? I have had 3310 running on mine and two friends' systems for ages now with zero issues like this. Granted the only real change from 3309 to 3310 was something related to the ethernet PXE if I recall correctly. Best advice I can ever give people is to flash in native DOS and nothing else. Seems that the Windows flasher from Insyde has a lot of settings that can go wrong.

Nogib, Oct 13, 2009
  5. R5R

zer0

The solution to the problem is usually solved by simply disconnecting the power adapter and removing the battery for about a minute. Hope this helps.

zer0, Oct 16, 2009
  6. R5R

skybluemet

I also flashed to 3310 and had the exact same symptoms as those above. Following zer0's disconnecting and battery removel tips, it solved the problem just like that. Thanks zer0!!

skybluemet, Nov 2, 2009
  7. R5R

replica

Same thing happened to me last night. I had a cardiac arrythmia last night. It got solved disconnecting from AC adapter and removing battery then it booted normally. Thank god.

replica, Dec 4, 2009
  8. R5R

shurcool

I had the same problem when I flashed my A110 that came with 3310 bios by default to some other model's bios.

After turning on the netbook like 20 times, it finally stopped happening.

Then I flashed back to 3310, and the problem re-appeared. This time it took like 40 tries before it went away.

Thanks for the tip on removing the battery, I'll try it next time this happens.

shurcool, Dec 4, 2009
Ask a Question