BIOS STILL STATING V0.3114 BUT FLASHED TO V0.3309

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by barney15c, Aug 30, 2009.

1. barney15c

barney15c

I got the black screen of death so recovered by flashing BIOS to V0.3309.
    When i look at BIOS screen it is still showing old BIOS version (V0.3114), is this right??
    Also battery not recharging when new version is supposed to resolve this problem, any ideas please?

barney15c, Aug 30, 2009
  2. barney15c

Theborgbabe

Acer Aspire one AOA-150
    I had the black screen of death when removing linux and installing Winxp back in March, used the recovery method and everything worked fine but the bios version remained the same!!! as everything worked ok I just left "as is"

I have just flashed the bios from within Windows XP to solve the "dead battery" problem and now bios version shows correctly as 3310
    and the battery charges fine, tried same method on a friends 150 also solved their dead battery problem.

This method definate works ok

I would suggest bios version 3310 which comes with the InsydeFlash utility in the zip file

See my previous post under "battery and bios"
    THEBORGBABE

Theborgbabe, Aug 30, 2009
  3. barney15c

jerryt

If you used the Macles Bios recovery method (ESC, FN, & Pwr button), then the Bios version number does not change. But it gets the machine booting again.

I recommend the DOS bios flashing method for a complete bios rewrite including version number; http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/flashing-bios.html

jerryt, Aug 30, 2009
  4. barney15c

barney15c

Thanks guys for you advice, i have managed to get the bios updated so it shows correct version now using your instructions.
    I am still having problems with the battery charging though, i am not sure if it is charging. It is at 0% but says its charging but has not moved from this for 40 minutes so dont know if the battery is shot (its the larger 6600 mAh version dont know serial no.) BTW running XP SP3.
    Thanks again for all your help. much appreciated!

barney15c, Aug 30, 2009
Ask a Question