Bios Flash Issue with v3109 - read only?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by annafil, Sep 14, 2008.

1. annafil

annafil

My turn to come running for help because I'm stumped. My symptom seems to be a read only BIOS. I had a 3109, then I upgraded to 3114, that crapped out on me after a while, so I like everyone else ran the bios recovery a couple of times, got fed up and downgraded to 3109. Then that crapped out on me a couple of times too so when the 3304 came out, I thought I'd try it and that's when i noticed my problem.

The flash process behaves as expected, the version simply doesn't change.

I'm pretty sure
    1) I know how to flash the thing. I've done it before
    2) it's not the thumbdrive - i've tried two different ones
    3) it's not the bios version - i've tried flashing back to 3114, and that faisl too
    4) after using the recovery method posted by macles (to hopefully reset it) and flashing it again to actually change the version as described on the forums elsewhere - runs as normal, the usual progress status appears. Then I get the same bios version.

Yet something is being done to the bios. Each time I try to flash, the settings are reset (!) - quickboot is back on, d2d is back on, and so on, removing all my changes. So I'm pretty sure I'm doing it the way I've always done it, but something is still not right.

I'm open to any suggestions at this point.

annafil, Sep 14, 2008
  2. annafil

wuying_ren

Hi!

I have the same problem.

What's more, if i use flashit.exe /V option, it keeps saying "The image file is corrupted" no matter what bios image i use.

Yesterday, I spend the afternoon playing with flashit, but i didn't found anything more...

wuying_ren, Sep 23, 2008
  3. annafil

annafil

yea yea i get the same corrupted message, but the exact same thumbdrive on a diff com and its fine!

annafil, Sep 23, 2008
  4. annafil

KiNG

Forum rules
    Only post non-technical information here - search the forum before you make a post, there are too many repeat posts occurring. Users repeatedly posting in the wrong section; warnings will be given out.

KiNG, Sep 23, 2008
  5. annafil

annafil

Ok King - where do you suggest I put this thread?

annafil, Sep 23, 2008
Ask a Question