bios confusion

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by from_atlantis, Nov 13, 2009.

1. from_atlantis

from_atlantis

hi
    i'm really struggling to install xp on my acer aspire one by cd. I keep getting the blue screen of death. I've read that changing the sata settings in the bios from AHCI to IDE may be the solution. However, i can't seem to find that option. If i press F2 on start up it takes me into 'Set Up' with information/main/security/boot/exit options but nothing to do with bios settings.

Any help is much appreciated..

Thanks

from_atlantis, Nov 13, 2009
  2. from_atlantis

from_atlantis

Thanks. Yep..i'm struggling.. :cry:

I bought a cd drive to install xp on my new Aspire One A150 (currently with Linux OS) as i thought doing it from a memory stick may be beyond my limited computer nouse. Unfortunately, when i try to install XP it starts loading the files but then comes up with the blue screen:-

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Check for viruses. Remove any newly installed HD's, or HD controllers. Check to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Then; Run CHKDSK /F to check HD corruption, and restart computer.
    Technical information: *** Stop: 0X0000007B (0XF78D2524, 0XC0000034, OX00000000, 0X00000000)"

If anyone can offer any clues i will be eternally grateful as I am starting to tear my hair out. Am i missing something vital? I (perhaps naively) thought I just needed to plug the cd drive in..boot from cd and BINGO...XP would be mine. Alas...my knowledge of this sort of thing is little more than zero.

Thank you.

from_atlantis, Nov 13, 2009
Ask a Question