BF 1942 Increase FPS Theory

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Midori, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Midori

Midori

So its a theory yes but a good one users have been able to gain fps in wow by limiting the size of the ui on screen when playing and making it smaller etc well i just found out that BF's ui is like a 3d element that it may be hogging some power we could use to gain fps maybe if we fully remove the ui replace it with some simple text total tickets maybe a radar some simple things i could even play without a ui if i had to personally it may give us some performance hopefully if anyone is intrested let me know and il look into some console commands maybe if we just simply delete the ui or just move it to another place that will give us a test to see if it helps

Midori, Oct 5, 2008
  2. Midori

Kei

Hud can be disabled with "HUD 0"- "HUD 1" someone mind testing :D

Kei, Oct 10, 2008
  3. Midori

Kei

I am about to test on my P4 just need more ram...

Kei, Oct 16, 2008
  4. Midori

Knappster

Sadly the theory is flawed, I've done alot of modding on bf1942 and its not the UI you need to worry about. The game uses a lot of uncompressed sounds, the height map for the terrain is also a very large uncompressed bmp image that eats a lot of ram. The reason people gain a large increase in fps in wow from reducing ui elements is because of the lua scripting engine that's running behind it. It noms a great amount of cpu cycles.

If you want bf1942 to run faster you need to play on smaller maps :p

Knappster, Nov 12, 2008
  5. Midori

Kei

Thanks for the heads up just another reason to wait on getting a netbook for now :D

Kei, Nov 13, 2008
Ask a Question