Best (working) ways to fix a stuck pixel on LCD display?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by IBMPC8088, Apr 22, 2016.

1. IBMPC8088

IBMPC8088

Ordered a system for someone in the mail, and I think Fedex may have played football with it. Everything on it was ok on arrival, except for 11 or 12 stuck pixels in a pattern that really stand out when you switch to brighter screen colors.

What are the best ways you know of to unstick a pixel physically or through software that work? Are there any you've found that work really well without having to replace the screen on laptops that turn into world cup field goals? Share! :D

IBMPC8088, Apr 22, 2016
  2. IBMPC8088

fcuco

Best that you can do is run something like the Dead Pixel Tester (it is windows only though). This will only help you determine if the pixel is stuck or actually dead. If the pixel is dead, as in, a black dot, nothing will work. I wasted a few hours doing the "pressure" method and all kinds of weird stuff that never worked, if anything, I think that I killed even more pixels doing that. If the pixel is stuck then running a program like PixelRepairer may work after you run it for more than an hour or so.

fcuco, Apr 22, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. IBMPC8088

IBMPC8088

Thanks @fcuco . These ones are responsive (they are dark when the screen is dark, but any color past a point and they get stuck showing bright white). I hope that Dead Pixel Tester or PixelRepairer does the job. It would be a pain to send this in for their warranty center to cover it, and really be a hassle to get a screen out of pocket to replace for them in the event they wanted it faster. Hope this will work. Thanks again

IBMPC8088, Apr 22, 2016
  4. IBMPC8088

IBMPC8088

It worked. :) A combination of those and gently tapping on the display in the affected areas with a stylus pen for 1-2 minutes did the trick. The pixels gradually resumed normal function, and are now good as new. :)

IBMPC8088, Apr 23, 2016
Ask a Question