Best way to clean laptop?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by rootle, Aug 22, 2016.

1. rootle

rootle

This is my first laptop and it's gotten pretty dusty and a little greasy even. I've heard of a few ways to celan the keyboards and screen. Which methods have worked best in your experience?

rootle, Aug 22, 2016
  2. rootle

IcyBC

I used compressed air can to blow off the dust around my laptop, and rubbing alcohol to clean the greasy feel area on my laptop! I also try to protect my keyboard from crumbs and such with a keyboard cover!

IcyBC, Aug 22, 2016
  3. rootle

cluckeyo

I use compressed air to get down under the keys and blow out the vent holes. I wipe it down occasionally with a damp paper towel (screen and everything). And when not in use, I keep the cover closed. Mine stays pretty clean.

cluckeyo, Aug 22, 2016
  4. rootle

Corzhens

If you have a vacuum cleaner, particularly the small one for the car, put it in reserve so it will function as a blower. It is a good tool in cleaning the laptop of dust and other particles. But if you don't have that vacuum maybe you can just use the electric fan for that purpose. And for the keyboard, I use a paint brush, the small brush of 2-inch width, it is good for cleaning the nooks and crevices of the laptop.

Corzhens, Aug 26, 2016
  5. rootle

djordjem87

I think that the best solution for cleaning your laptops is to clean then regularly so they don't get greasy and dusty. However, if that happens the best thing to do is probably to pay for the cleaning in some service since they can take everything out nicely and you have their guarantee that everything will still work when they are done. You can't be sure when you are cleaning it and I mean real cleaning.

djordjem87, Aug 29, 2016
Ask a Question