Best Sound Driver for a Model ZG5 Running 10.6.X ?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Cralex, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Cralex

Cralex

Hey, guys. I've got an old Model ZG5 running Snow Leopard via NetbookInstaller. Everything works well, except it breaks the audio each time I update. I have been using an old Audio kext, don't remember which one, to resolve the issue, but sometimes the audio is a little flakey. Any suggestions for a better one? I haven't been around in awhile... Thanks.
    P.S. Drivers for the Multi-Card Reader and the Video Out would be nice too, if you know of any.

Cralex, Jun 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Cralex

MasterJediAdam

bump - looking for similar answers. I finally decided I had the time to upgrade to 10.6.x. Sound works just fine on a Vanilla kernel 10.6.0 load, but as soon as I upgrade through, the sound no longer functions.

If no one has a good kext, can anyone at least tell me which kexts govern sound so I can replace the new ones with the old ones?

MasterJediAdam, Nov 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Cralex

MasterJediAdam

Correction - it is not the upgrade at all that kills the sound. Specifically it is the FakeSMC.kext that does it. Anyone have a better solution than FakeSMC for an AspireOne AOA150? I am not opposed to using a DSDT, but have never used one and am a little leery about how they work ...

MasterJediAdam, Nov 27, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question