Best media library manager for Aspire One?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ATLstang, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ATLstang

ATLstang

On my main computer I have an extensive library of videos and music. All of the music is in mp3 format and the video is split between avi and mkv. My Aspire One has the 160gb hard drive, so I have copied all of my music files (about 80gb) onto it. Now, I'm running a brand new install of Windows 7, and currently I'm using itunes to play and manage my music library. I'm thinking of installing songbird, I know that it is a little more secure and a little lighter, but I know the ins and outs of itunes really well and I like to set it up a particular way to manage my folders and files. Itunes is a little bit of a resource hog though, which is a drag because I've got the OS basically as stripped down as it can go without hindering essential functions. I'm thinking of installing songbird and using it, but since I have to learn a new program anyway I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a music library management program. I don't want just a media player, I have VLC, I need something that will maintain my entire Music Library folder.

ATLstang, Nov 6, 2009
  2. ATLstang

lennygaudy

I'd suggest checking out Media Monkey. I can't give you a recommendation or specifics just yet because I only just discovered it myself but I'm extremely impressed so far. If I can get it to sync with my iphone this will be the iTunes killer I've been wishing for-this program is everything iTunes should have been and then some. Good luck.

lennygaudy, Nov 18, 2009
  3. ATLstang

ibedanny

+1 for Media Monkey. Its the best for mp3 organization. Sucks it doesnt provide video playback.

ibedanny, Nov 21, 2009
Ask a Question