Best MacBook Laptop Cover?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Sonam Ali, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Sonam Ali

Sonam Ali

I have a relatively new Macbook Pro and I was thinking about getting a cover for it. I don't know if I should get a Hardcover or a softcover? Which brands would you recommend? Which one can last the longest and endure the most amount of damage? I would like to get the best one possible, so that I can protect my Mac from getting damaged.

Also I was wondering if you guys think it is necessary to get a keyboard cover as well? I have never had a keyboard cover before, but I think it might be wise to have one. Your thoughts and opinions please!

Sonam Ali, Nov 5, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. Sonam Ali

IcyBC

I haven't thought about getting a cover for my MacBook yet since I barely travel anywhere. But the thought of getting a keyboard cover was something I am contemplating on getting. Certain letters on my keyboard always seem to disappear over the year on my old laptop!

I will be checking back on this thread to find out if anyone suggests anything.

IcyBC, Nov 9, 2015
  3. Sonam Ali

KimmyMarkks

Does anyone recommend a hard laptop case? I currently use a cloth one but I feel like it gets hit a lot when I’m commuting. I think that a hard case would protect it a lot more. However, I don’t want something super bulky. Does anyone have any recommendations?

KimmyMarkks, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Sonam Ali

IcyBC

I would try to look it on eBay and Amazon first to see which one you like, and also compare prices, then do the search for the cheapest!

IcyBC, Nov 13, 2015
  5. Sonam Ali

Marla013

I bought my hard shell from an online shop at Facebook, although the seller is based in the Philippines and I am not sure if she ships internationally. I bought a package that includes a hard shell, wrist guard protector, keyboard cover and dust protector. All these for less than $30 (exclusive of shipping). I am not too fond of the keyboard cover, though, because it muffles the sound of my laptop. I only realized this when I was watching a film and thought the volume was lower than usual.

Power Mac stores sell accessories but for a hefty price. Mine is not branded (generic) but it works just fine. But I wouldn't dare drop my laptop.

If you are from the Philippines, or know anyone who can buy it for you here, just send me a personal message and I'll send you her link. ;)

Marla013, Jan 5, 2016
  6. Sonam Ali

Brettni

I would recommend a hardcover laptop case. My favorite cases are from Speck and they come in a variety of color. They are typically around $50 on their website, but Amazon keeps them a bit cheaper. Speck allows some good protection and lasts a long time.

Brettni, May 24, 2016
Ask a Question