Best laptop for working from home?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Jaden11218, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Jaden11218

Jaden11218

I currently have a MacBook and I love it, but I am looking to get a second laptop. I want to keep this one for fun and games, such as social media and Netflix. I've had it a while so with everything I have saved to the desktop it has begun to run a little slow. I take online classes and am trying to work from home online also, so I am looking to get a second laptop strictly for that. I'm considering another Mac, but I don't think I really need a $1200 laptop for what I plan to use it for. Would you recommend another Mac, or is there a less expensive laptop that you like?

Jaden11218, Jul 11, 2016
  2. Jaden11218

ReyPila

I doubt that you'll be happy to change from OSX to Windows. But if you are ready to do it there are a huuge selection of high-quality and affordable laptops on market.

ReyPila, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Jaden11218

Corzhens

HP Elite is the official computer that is issued to me by the office. I find it okay and I guess it is fairly good when working at home. In fact, I have recommended it to my husband who is going full time in working at home so he needs a replacement for the old desktop. However, the cost of the HP Elite is way above the intended budget. The price tag in the elecronics store was more than $1,000 which we cannot afford.

Corzhens, Jul 13, 2016
  4. Jaden11218

turnb43

For just social media and games I'd do your best to just pick up something nice and cheap and use the MacBook for anything that is more resource intensive, just get yourself a 2nd hand cheapie would be my advice.

turnb43, Jul 13, 2016
  5. Jaden11218

nytegeek

It depends on your needs. I'm happy with a manufacturer refurbished HP right now. I do a lot of writing, college coursework, and I play games like World of Warcraft with ease on it. The price was under $300. It has a quadcore APU and 8 gigs of RAM.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    nytegeek, Jul 13, 2016
Ask a Question