Best GMA 500 drivers for gameing

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by samusishere, May 27, 2010.

1. samusishere

samusishere

Hi, i was also wandering what drivrs are best for wnindows 7 when it comes to gameing, the latest drivers for the gma 500 under windows 7 gives artifacts flikering and pauseing. i did try the last relesed drivers and they dont have a flikering problem but the framerate is noticably lower. eny ideas?

samusishere, May 27, 2010
  2. samusishere

Indie

You can always try out the beta drivers for the US15W, it's the same for the GMA 500. There is no aero by the way, and you also have open GL, but that's not very supportive. Overall the performance is better. Oh yea and standby mode dosen't work or any power saving modes, meaning you can't adjust your brightness. Use at your own risk, here is also a forum to help you out if you have any problems.

Forums: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-mini-10-discussion/14619-gma-500-booster.html
    Download: http://go.mydellmini.com/?id=258X40...ni-10-discussion/14619-gma-500-booster-4.html

Indie, May 29, 2010
  3. samusishere

AcerSpace

very machine is different, you need to test out the betas and just basically do guess and check. Have you made any progress? You need to be careful in the drivers you choose because there a few that are known to corrupt some very basic aspects of personal computers. A colleague of mine recently had to run outlook repair after testing out a faulty driver in an effort to optimize her system for gaming in the office. Do your research.

AcerSpace, May 18, 2011
Ask a Question