Best Generic Charger?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Dame6089, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089

Is there a brand of generic chargers that you would recommend. I have been told to be careful with buying non-name brand chargers as replacements because they could cause additional problems for laptops if they short out. The issue is that name brand chargers are often very expensive (upwards of $50) and have to be ordered directly through the manufacturer. I would love to find another company that I could trust for replacement or additional chargers.

Dame6089, Jun 7, 2016
  2. Dame6089

Corzhens

This may be relevant. I bought a generic charger for my phone's battery when it (my phone) wouldn't charge the battery anymore. So what I do is to take off the battery and charge it using that cheap generic charger.However, the charging is only up to 80% maximum. Even if I don't unplug it when it stops charging, it is really just 80%. My husband said that branded chargers may hit 100% or full charge. By the way, I have a new smart phone and that old one is now just being used for internet at home.

Corzhens, Jun 7, 2016
Ask a Question